- Gift Service Sunday 12th December 10.30am – donations for Women’s Refuge
- Carol Service Sunday 19th December 10.30 am
- Christmas Day Worship Saturday 25th December 11am
The date for our next Partnership Gathering has been set as Saturday 29th January 2022 9:30am – 12:30pm, and will conclude (as usual) with an opportunity to join together for a soup n roll lunch. We are hoping to meet at Shaw & Heyside URC and, if we can get the techie stuff to work, we may be able to go hybrid, or at least record some/all of it for later viewing.
As with previous gatherings, the objective is for as many folk as possible from our partnership churches to come together to listen and share on a particular theme and to get to know one another as individuals and as church fellowships. The theme for this one is looking at what is the URC and what are Missional Partnerships within it. Some of us have known the URC for many years, some of us are very new to it and maybe haven’t explored it very much, others are feeling weighed down by all the legal requirements and don’t see the point of it all. And I think most of us have questions about the Missional Partnership approach. To help us get to grips with what it’s about, our Mission Mentor (Lawrence Heath-Moore) will be leading us through some of the key points and issues so that we can ensure our Christian witness is as effective as possible.
Further details will be shared nearer the time, but make sure you have it clearly marked in your diary – we’d hate you to miss out!
- Christmas Fair/Coffee morning Saturday 4 Dec – 10am until 1pm.
- Crafty Christmas Sunday 12 Dec 10:30am
- Lessons and Carols Sunday 19 Dec 10:30am
- Christmas Service Saturday 25 Dec 11:00am
- Christmas Fair Saturday 27 Nov 10:30-14:30. A variety of stalls, cakes, tombola, plants, filled jars, gifts, raffle and bacon butties. Santa will be there, too!
- Carols by Candlelight Service Sunday 19 Dec 4pm. (no morning service) please bring your torch or candle in a safe holder.
- Midnight Communion Friday 24 Dec 11:30pm. Come and welcome the Christ Child.
- Christmas Day Service Saturday 25 Dec 10:00am. Bring your favourite present, provided you are not waiting until after lunch to open them.
- Sunday 26 Dec Boxing Day no service
- CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR Saturday 20th November 10 – 3pm Lots of Craft Stalls, Breakfasts, Lunches and Afternoon Teas on Sale – and of course Santas Grotto.
- LANCASHIRE NIGHT Saturday 27th November at 7pm with Hot Pot Supper and entertainment by AMICHE Tickets £6 can be bought or reserved from Lesley Rolls (07791264194). All proceeds being split between Willow Wood Hospice, Francis House Childrens Hospice and Trinity.
- NATIVITY SERVICE + TOY SERVICE Sunday 5th December at 10.45am. All toys being donated to Infinity Initiatives.
- CAROL SERVICE Sunday 19th December at 4pm. All Welcome
- CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE Saturday 25th December at 11am
Sign up by clicking on the link Newsletter Sign-up
We have started offering a newsletter giving details of events and activities in the Partnership churches. You can receive these into your email account by signing up (subscribing) using the Newsletter Sign-up form. There is no charge for this.
You can unsubscribe at any time (though we hope you won’t want to!) by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of the newsletter emails.
Dates and times below – all welcome, nothing really strenuous but breathing, fitness, wellbeing improving with all who have been on many of the walks.
- Fri 15Oct / 14:00 / spur-parking area Sam Rd (OL3 5PU) nr Diggle Hotel
- Thur 21Oct / 10:30 / St Matthew’s church (nrby car park on Mill Brow) OL1 2RT
- Wed 27Oct / 14:00 / Park Bridge Heritage Centre car park OL6 8AH
- Tue 2Nov / 10:30 / end of Waterworks Rd nr Strinesdale, OL4 2JW
- Mon 8Nov / 14:00 / Chadderton Hall Park, Irk Vale Dr, OL1 2TW
- Sat 13Nov / 10:30 (for a change) venue TBD
Contact Graham for more information (email@example.com)
- Christmas and Craft Fair Saturday 27th November
- Christmas Tree Festival Friday 10th to Sunday 12th December
- Carol Service Sunday 19th December 6.30pm
- Christingle Friday 24th December 3pm
- Candlelight Service Friday 24th December 11.30pm
Fourth Saturday each month, 10:00am – 12:00noon
We’re glad to note that the Tuesday Discussions on Zoom will be starting shortly – on Tuesday 19th October 2021 to be precise with sessions starting at 7:30pm.
We are planning to follow the Character Course. This course is an 8-week course and is available on-line at https://www.thecharactercourse.com/ so do feel free to have a look.
Please note that the Zoom details have changed from the earlier sessions and will be as follows:
Meeting ID: 856 2836 0477